“Highly Commended,” Basic and Clinical Sciences Category, British Medical Association 2012 Medical Book Competition
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.studentconsult.com, along with downloadable illustrations, 150 USMLE-style test questions, 20 clinical case studies, chapter summaries, and integration links to related subjects.
- Understand biochemistry, cell biology, and genetics together in context through an integrated approach.
- Get only the information you need for your course with comprehensive yet focused coverage of relevant topics.
- Review and reinforce your learning using the glossary of technical terms, highlighted in the text and with interactive features online.
New to this Edition
- Tap into the most up-to-date coverage of new developments in genome research, the molecular basis of genetic diseases, techniques of DNA sequencing and molecular diagnosis, RNA interference as a mechanism both for regulation of gene expression and for anti-viral defense, and more.
- Gain a clear visual understanding through new and updated figures that provide current and relevant guidance.
- Make the link between basic science and clinical medicine with new Clinical Example boxes in nearly every chapter.