A clear, comprehensive introduction to disease, Pathophysiology, 5th Edition explores the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, and treatment of disorders. Units are organized by body system, and each begins with an illustrated review of anatomy and normal physiology. A discussion then follows on the disease processes and abnormalities that may occur, with a focus on the pathophysiologic concepts involved. Written by leading educators Lee-Ellen Copstead and Jacquelyn Banasik, Pathophysiology simplifies a rigorous subject with practical learning resources and includes coverage of the latest scientific findings and relevant research
- 900 full-color illustrations clarify complex pathophysiological concepts.
- Easy-to-read style includes many tables, boxes, and figures to highlight and simplify content.
- Key Questions at the beginning of each chapter highlight key objectives and help you develop and use critical thinking skills.
- Key Points boxes focus on the most important information.
- Geriatric Considerations boxes analyze the age-related changes associated with a specific body system.
- A chapter summary gives you a quick wrap-up of the key content in each chapter.