Gain a thorough understanding of the principles of biochemistry as they relate to the study of clinical medicine
THE BEST REVIEW FOR THE USMLE!
The Thirtieth Edition of Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry combines outstanding full-color illustrations with authoritative integrated coverage of biochemical disease and clinical information. Using brevity and numerous medically relevant examples, Harper’s presents a clear, succinct review of the fundamentals of biochemistry that every student must understand in order to succeed in medical school.
All fifty-eight chapters emphasize the medical relevance of biochemistry
- Full-color presentation includes more than 600 illustrations
- Each chapter includes a section on Biomedical Importance and a summary of the topics covered
- Review questions follow each of the eleven sections
- Case studies in every chapter emphasize the clinical relevance to biochemistry
- NEW coverage of toxic naturally-occurring amino acids; extraterrestrial biomolecules; computer-aided drug design; the role of complement cascade in bacterial and viral infection; secreted mediators of cell-cell signaling between leukocytes; the role of mast cells, basophils, and eosinophils; and the hazard of antioxidants that down-regulate radical signaling for apoptosis and increase risk of cancer