A concise, easy-to-understand introduction to the fundamentals, Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 5th Edition helps you learn essential concepts of major diseases/disorders and disease processes. Continuing in its well-known tradition of readability and vivid, full-color illustrations, the text is updated with the latest research and trends in human disease. Disorders are described by body system, with coverage of the interactions between systems, and special features help you apply the material to real-life situations. No matter which healthcare field you may enter, Gould’s Pathophysiology prepares you for the conditions encountered in clinical practice.
- Concise and readable approach includes the information you need without being overwhelming, even if you have a limited scientific background.
- Unique Think About questions alert you to important points and help with self-evaluation, test preparation, and review.
- Warning Signs boxes help you identify the pre-emptive signs of physiologic events such as strokes.
- Emergency Treatment boxes give step-by-step instructions to follow for emergencies such as shock, cardiac arrest, and pneumothorax.
- Apply Your Knowledge questions ask you to use what you’ve learned to predict What can go wrong with this structure or system?
- Ready References in the appendix provide a quick lookup for anatomic terms, conversion tables, abbreviations and acronyms, diagnostic studies and tests, and more.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter and defined within the text, covering the scientific terminology you need to know.
- Research boxes discuss new developments, problem areas of pathophysiology, and complications associated with research.
- Learning objectives and bulleted chapter summaries help you focus on key concepts and information