NXB: ESAP Series, Garnet Education
Năm xuất bản: 2010 – Ngôn ngữ: English
Chuyên ngành: Medical Terminology, Tiếng Anh Y Khoa
INCLUDES: COURSE BOOK + TEACHER BOOK + AUDIO CD
The Garnet Education English for Specific Academic Purposes series won the Duke of Edinburgh English Speaking Union English Language Book Award in 2009.
English for Medicine is a skills-based course designed specifically for students of medicine who are about to enter English-medium tertiary level studies. It provides carefully graded practice and progressions in the key academic skills that all students need, such as listening to lectures and speaking in seminars. It also equips students with the specialist medical language they need to participate successfully within a medical faculty. Extensive listening exercises come from medical lectures, and all reading texts are taken from the same field of study. There is also a focus throughout on the key medical vocabulary that students will need.
- Listening: how to understand and take effective notes on extended lectures, including how to follow the argument and identify the speaker’s point of view.
- Speaking: how to participate effectively in a variety of realistic situations, from seminars to presentations, including how to develop an argument and use stance markers.
- Reading: how to understand a wide range of texts, from academic textbooks to Internet articles, including how to analyze complex sentences and identify such things as the writer’s stance.
- Writing: how to produce coherent and well-structured assignments, including such skills as paraphrasing and the use of the appropriate academic phrases.
- Vocabulary: a wide range of activities to develop students’ knowledge and use of key vocabulary, both in the field of medicine and of academic study in general.
- Vocabulary and Skills banks: a reference source to provide students with revision of the key words and phrases and skills presented in each unit.
- Full transcripts of all listening exercises.