Chủ biên: Elizabeth Barnett
NXB: American Academy of Pediatrics
Năm xuất bản: 2019 – Ngôn ngữ: English
Chuyên ngành: Nội Nhi, Pediatrics
New in the 25th edition:
• Includes recommendations for new intravenous broad-spectrum beta-lactam/beta-lactamase inhibitor combinations.
• Provides options for treatment of increasing resistance in Escherichia coli for urinary tract infections.
• Includes updates for management of diarrhea, including recommendations for Giardia with tinidazole and nitazoxanide as drugs of choice, based on the new Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) guidelines.
• Clarifies specific, new, and evolving recommendations about antifungal therapeutic drug levels for several invasive fungal infections, particularly in immunocompromised children.
• Reorganizes antiviral table for easier reading: common viral pathogens are in one table and HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C are in a second table.
• Provides guidance for neonates during the ongoing cefotaxime shortage, including alternatives to achieve similar antibacterial activity in similar tissue sites, with a similar safety profile.
• Includes updates, such as new information on drug therapy and steroid therapy for neurocysticercosis, incorporating the new IDSA and American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene guidelines.
• Incorporates new IDSA coccidioidomycosis guidelines in updated recommendations.
• Simplifies navigation with color-coded tabs and tables that make it easier to find the best treatment options for susceptibility of bacterial, fungal, viral, and parasitic pathogens.